Our Networks runs regular training on how to transfer a very ill patient safely across London, and has been endorsed by the Royal College of Anaesthetists by 5 CPD points. It also gives you the opportunity to meet your colleagues from the Critical Care teams across our Network.
The course includes lectures and workshops on the following subjects:
- Why worry about transfers? What are the reasons for patient transfer? What can go wrong?
- Physiological effects of transfer
- Pre-transfer stabilization
- Transfer of patients with head injuries and major trauma, see link https://www.londonccn.nhs.uk/page.asp?fldArea=3&fldMenu=2&fldSubMenu=8&fldKey=297
- Medico-legal aspects of transfers
- Transfer documentation audit
- Acute liver emergencies
- Communications / Crisis Resource Management
- Aortic emergencies film, see link https://vimeo.com/221262767
- Ambulance workshop
- Oxylog workshop
- Equipment workshop
- Cardiac case base discussions
- Neuro case base discussions
- NENCL Adult Critical Care Network Transfer Guidance
- Intensive Care Society guidelines
- STrAPP for iphone
- STrAPP for Android
- LAS flowchart - November 2017File
Training dates 2020
- Tuesday 9th June 2020, Royal Free Hospital
More dates to be added shortly.
As well as attending the training, there is also an opportunity for you to join our transfer training faculty. This is made up of doctors and nurses from our Network who provides the teaching and facilitation of our workshops on our transfer training courses. This means you will be supporting the safe transfer of patients across London, and enables you to meet and Network with colleagues from across fifteen Critical Care Units in North East and North Central London.
For booking please see Events page